Monday, October 5, 2009

Real World Magazine

Recently while I was spending some time on the internet, paying my Twitter account a visit and tweeting the day away, I ran across an interesting article. It read "OPEN CALL"...immediately I needed to investigate what this open call was all about. When I did take a look I was pleasantly surprised to see that the open call was referring to the start of a new magazine titled- "Real World Magazine"

They were publishing a first edition and looking for people who are from Hawaii willing to write an article. How cool could that be? actually, it is very cool. Participants would have to write an original article, a first hand experience on "A View On Hawaii Life" or "Life In Hawaii" something that will inspire the reader to want to live their best life.

It is an intimate look into your life, sharing about what I love to write about, Hawaii. The magazine would also require you to sign a waiver to give the magazine permission to publish your article. I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time, prior to this I really did'nt think I was quite ready to adopt a project that would give it's participant instant recognition.

Real World Magazine's first issue should already be out for sale as of September 20th.

Other submittal requirements are:
A cover page with your
name-
address-
phone number-
and the #(number) of words or lines and the format/style of your article.

Submit your article to:
submit@realworldmagazine.com

They will hold any submission for up to 1 year.

I may just have to try my hand it. Imagine the exposure this would give someone like me!...I'll keep you posted.

Mahalo,
Deb~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha from Hawaii~
Mahalo for visiting my "MidlifeImpressions" blog. I hope you enjoyed it,(even if just a little!) It would be encouraging of you to acknowledge your presence~I will honor & value such thoughtfulness.

~Peace~